• Follow Us
  • Facebook

your personal injury deserves our personal care

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why do I need a lawyer?

A. If you or someone you know or love has been injured, the last thing that you want to deal with is an aggressive insurance company. Let us do the work for you. With our expert team and years of experience dealing exclusively with personal injury law and insurance companies we are in a much better position to help you recover full compensation than you are on your own. Our team will be able to help you navigate your claim through today's complex legal system and ensure that you get the help and compensation you deserve.

Remember, getting a great settlement from your personal injury is no accident.

Q. What types of claims and injuries does Elkin Injury law handle?

A. We handle all types of accident claims for injuries including: falls resulting from slips and trips, unsafe premises, dog bites, unsafe products, motor vehicle accidents, income and economic losses.

Remember, our practice is restricted to personal injury and insurance law, guaranteeing that you are dealing with experts in the field!

Q. My insurance company has told me that I don't need a lawyer. Is that true?

A. Insurance companies often tell you that there is no reason to get a lawyer and that it is their job to be fair to you. In fact, this isn't always true. The insurance industry is a profit driven industry, their goal is to make money by paying you as little money as possible when you have a claim. If you are in doubt, don't simply accept the position of the insurance company, contact our legal team today. We will be able to provide you with a free initial consultation so that you can make the best choice in going forward with your claim.

Q. When should I contact a lawyer?

A. It is recommended that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible following your injury or accident. Our job is to provide you with information concerning your rights to recover compensation from the at-fault party as well as no-fault benefits. Our initial consultation is free so you can feel comfortable contacting our office and speaking with our knowledgeable legal team.

Q. What does “No Fault” Automobile insurance mean?

A. No fault insurance simply means that your own insurance company is responsible for providing you with certain benefits, called Accident Benefits, whether you are at fault for the accident or not. “No Fault” insurance does not take away your right to sue if you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence.

Q. If I am involved in an accident, what are my rights?

A. With the many changes to insurance law in Ontario, it is important that you get up to date information on the legislation itself and, on how you are affected. Our staff constantly trains to ensure that they are completely up to date on the latest amendments to insurance legislation so that your rights are protected. If you have been injured in any kind of accident, our knowledgeable lawyers and staff will advise you of all your rights.

Q. Are all claims required to go to court?

A.No. In fact, the majority of all personal injury cases in Ontario are settled out of court. Our team is experienced with all types of dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration, principled negotiation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). In most cases we are able to obtain an excellent resolution of your claim without going to trial saving you time and money. Please take a look at some of our recent successful claims at the headingVerdicts/Settlement.

Q. My child was hurt in an accident. Is he/she able to make a claim?

A. Yes. In Ontario the parents or legal guardians of a child are able to bring a claim against a negligent party on behalf of their child, the minor plaintiff. At Elkin Injury Law we know how hard it is to see your child hurt by the carelessness of someone else. Our legal team is prepared to offer you support and guidance through this difficult time and we will be prepared to aggressively advocate on behalf of your child.

Q. I am a Canadian Citizen and was hurt in the United States. Can you help me?

A. Yes. Our proximity to the United States and our experience in all types of personal injury litigation will help you navigate the complexities of cross-border litigation. We will be able to take care of your needs in Canada with your own insurance company while working with one of our U.S. partners to help get you the compensation that you deserve.

Q. I am an American Citizen and was hurt in Ontario, Canada. Can you help me?

A. Yes. We will be able to work with you and in conjunction with your U.S. legal representative to help you understand the Canadian legal system, including the “No Fault” insurance system. We will be able to pursue your claim in Canada and help you throughout the duration of your claim and ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve. If you do not already have legal counsel of your own in the United States, we will be able to assist you by providing you with information to help you select a U.S. attorney.

Q. Can I afford a lawyer?

A. Yes. The least you can do is come in for a free initial consultation where our team of experts will be able to advise you on how to move forward with your claim. At Elkin Injury Law we are dedicated to helping you through this difficult time and understand that your injury may have prevented you from working. We will use all our resources to help you recover your lost income. We will assist you every step of the way and in most cases there are no legal fees until settlement of your claim.

Q. What areas do you service?

A. We are based in St. Catharines but we service clients in Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Pelham, Port Colborne, Thorold, Wainfleet, Welland, West Lincoln and all across Ontario. 

Remember, at Elkin Injury Law your personal injury deserves our personal care!

If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Latest News: Modern Day Defamation